Rely on Teeth Whitening Services from S&C Dental
You’re probably excited about your new smile if you’ve recently received dental implants. Dental implants are an excellent choice for those with a tooth smile or patients struggling to chew due to missing teeth. After you’ve had your implants for a while, you may be looking at your natural teeth. It’s not uncommon that you’re unhappy with their color, and you may wonder if you can whiten them and your implants. S&C Dental offers professional teeth whitening services to patients throughout Scottsdale, AZ. Our team believes everyone deserves a dazzling smile. That’s why we strive to provide unrivaled cosmetic services. To learn how we can help your smile shine, don’t hesitate to give us a call.
Can You Bleach Dental Implants?
Most dental crowns placed on implants use porcelain or ceramic materials. This means that traditional whitening materials are too abrasive or won’t have any effect on your implants. Any attempts to whiten or bleach artificial teeth may even damage the tooth’s surface. Implants are highly strain-resistant, meaning you won’t need to whiten if you’re happy with your natural color. Most stains you see are superficial and can be easily removed through regular brushing, flossing, and dental visits. Over time, the bonding material used may discolor, but this can be cleaned during regular dental cleanings.
Should You Whiten Your Implants?
Teeth whitening has become an increasingly popular cosmetic procedure. Whether through professional teeth whitening, take-home procedures, or even over-the-counter whitening kits, they’re all effective. As mentioned, dental implants cannot be bleached or whitened after placement. If you’re concerned about the color of your teeth and plan to get an implant, we recommend whitening your smile ahead of time, as all dental crowns will match your natural teeth. We recommend using our professional whitening services before your dental implant to ensure your teeth all look the same.
How Much Does Teeth Whitening Cost?
The cost associated with whitening your teeth depends on what method you choose. Over-the-counter and at-home kits are more affordable than professional teeth whitening. However, they require several applications before any results are noticeable. Allowing our team to perform teeth whitening with traditional or laser whitening methods costs anywhere from $600 to $1,000, with more instant results seen. If you’re interested, we’ll work with you to find the best option that fits your needs.
How Do I Keep My Dental Implants White?
Even though dental implants cannot be whitened, you can still take several steps to maintain your bright and welcoming smile. Your crowns will stay busy and work hard. Even though they’re artificial, you should continue to brush and floss your teeth daily. Take a look at some additional recommendations on how you can keep your dental implant white:
- Avoid Dark Liquids – Liquids like coffee, wine, or tea will stain your teeth over time. If you do enjoy this drink, we recommend rinsing your mouth with water when completed.
- Avoid Sugary or Acidic Food and Drinks – Food and drinks with a lot of sugar or acidic will weaken enamel while making your teeth more prone to staining.
- Keep a Healthy Dental Routine – Regular brushing, flossing, and scheduled cleanings will help avoid significant staining. This also ensures your teeth remain in good health.
Explore The Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants will resemble natural-looking and natural-feeling replacements for missing teeth. They’re generally durable and stain-resistant, ensuring a great-looking tooth for years. After your dental implant, you should feel confident and excited to smile again. Further, dental implants provide better value than most conventional teeth replacement solutions. Here are some additional benefits of dental implants, including:
- Improved Chewing – Once fully healed, dental implants provide stability and support, allowing you to chew easier with minimal to no pain.
- Better Cosmetic Results – Your smile will look natural with dental implants. Further, dental implants don’t require any special trays or removable appliances to be functional.
- Reduce Infection Rate – Because dental implants are placed directly into your jawbone, they have a reduced risk of infection compared to other restoration treatments.
- Prevent Additional Decay – Dental implants prevent additional decay around their placements, reducing a patient’s periodontal disease risk.
Take Advantage of Our Professional Teeth Whitening Services
The team at S&C Dental takes pride in helping our patients achieve the smile they’ve always wanted. We have the experience and skills to work with your particular needs to deliver an award-winning smile. Our professional whitening services, while they might not work on dental implants, will ensure your teeth will be as bright as possible. If you have any questions about our professional teeth whitening services and if they are right for you, be sure to give us a call. One of our knowledgeable representatives will work with you to schedule a time that works best for your busy life.