Combat Missing Teeth With Non-Metal Ceramic Implants
If you are missing a tooth, chances are you’ve explored numerous possibilities for fixing the issue. One of the best solutions for replacing missing teeth is dental implants. S&C Dental’s Scottsdale, AZ practice has mastered the process of installing these innovative dental fixtures that serve as long-term substitutes for natural tooth roots. Missing teeth can cause adverse implications beyond aesthetics. Your teeth help hold your jawline steady and stabilize your other teeth. One of the most noticeable results is bone loss which can lead to a drooping appearance. For that reason – and more – consider investing in tooth implants designed to be a durable, long-lasting solution to missing teeth.
We Offer Ceramic and Titanium Dental Implants
We strive to offer the best possible dental solutions to our patients. As a patient at S&C Dental, you have options when you opt for dental implants to replace your missing teeth. We offer ceramic dental implants and more traditional dental implants made of titanium. Both tooth implant material options have their strengths and advantages. Titanium is a more widely used implant material also used in other medical devices, such as bone screws, artificial hips, and heart valves. Ceramic is the most natural option and ideal for patients with compromised immune systems or an extreme sensitivity to metal alloys. Get in touch with our dental office today and we’ll help you determine whether titanium implants or non-metal implants are right for you.
Advantages of Titanium Dental Implants
Dental implants made of titanium are a conventional option and a proven restoration solution for missing teeth. Titanium is non-allergenic and biocompatible, meaning adverse effects in patients are very unlikely. Used for many years, titanium implants involve many advantages, including:
- The Ability to Bond to Natural Bone – Titanium is an excellent implant material because of its ability to integrate with the jawbone.
- Strength and Lightweight Properties – Dental implants made of titanium are secured and comfortable because they are guaranteed to be very strong yet lightweight.
- Low Thermal Conductivity – Dramatic temperatures won’t cause adverse effects with titanium implants in place, such as pain or irritation.
- Long-Term Durability – Titanium implants are an exceptional long-term restoration option because they will stay in place for many years and often for the remainder of a patient’s life.
- A High Success Rate – A substantial contributing factor to titanium’s popularity is because titanium implants have an incredibly high patient success rate (95%).
Advantages of Ceramic Dental Implants
The restoration alternative to titanium implants is the use of ceramic zirconia. Along with being just as durable as titanium, non-corrosive, and eliminating the risk of potential allergies, there many reasons to choose ceramic dental implants as your dental restoration appliance:
- A One-Piece Design – Compared to titanium, ceramic implants typically require less time to heal following installation.
- Bonding with Bone – Ceramic dental implants work just as well as titanium, if not better, at mimicking the natural bond between tooth roots and the jawbone.
- Durability – Implants made of ceramic zirconia are incredibly durable and can endure up to 150 pounds of force before they fracture.
- Helps with Plaque Accumulation – Because ceramic implants have a smooth finish, they prevent plaque and bacteria better than titanium dental implants.
- A More Holistic Alternative – Ceramic dental implants are the ideal alternative to titanium for patients who live by holistic lifestyle practices.
The Dental Implant Placement Process
The team at S&C Dental has extensive knowledge and experience with the dental implant process. The procedure usually involves two procedures – one for the initial implant placement and the other to integrate the permanent artificial tooth onto the implant. Regardless of the material you choose for your dental implants, here’s what to expect throughout the process:
- During the initial procedure, the dentist will numb the area, create an incision in the gums to expose the jawbone, and drill a hole into the bone.
- The implant post is inserted and soundly secured into the bone. An x-ray is taken in order to evaluate the post’s placement.
- The dentist will place a temporary crown to protect the implant and provide you with an aesthetic preview of the final results.
- During your healing and recovery period, we will develop a permanent crown in the lab that perfectly matches the fit and appearance of the rest of your teeth.
- Once the area has adequately healed and had ample time to fuse to the bone, the dentist will replace the temporary crown with the permanent, custom-made tooth.
Premium Oral Health Solutions at S&C Dental
Nobody should have to go through life unwilling to show off their smile. The durability and natural appearance of dental implants make them the ideal solution to replace your missing teeth and restore the appearance of your smile. S&C Dental highly encourages anyone who has tooth loss to consider the wealth of benefits dental implants can have on their overall quality of life. You’ll have more confidence in your smile, comfortably enjoy more foods, and have better oral health. Contact us today to see if dental implants are the right for you. We look forward to revitalizing your smile.