We Provide Dental Veneers & Other Cosmetic Services
S&C Dental provides beautiful dental veneers to patients in and around Scottsdale, AZ. There is no shortage of things a patient can do to enhance the quality of their smile. One of our most popular offerings is porcelain veneers, something Scottsdale patients have taken advantage of for years. In addition to dental veneers, we also offer a wide range of other cosmetic dental services. Please keep reading to learn more about dental veneers, porcelain veneers, their benefits, and more.
What Are Veneers?
Dental veneers are thin pieces of translucent porcelain designed to cover the teeth’s surface to improve their appearance. Veneers mimic natural tooth enamel and can provide the teeth with strength and resilience. Veneers can be customized to your desired size, shape, color, and length.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are thin layers that match the natural contour of your teeth. We use them to correct various imperfections, from chipped and cracked teeth to stains. No matter why you choose to have porcelain veneers fitted on your teeth, this custom-fitted dental solution is perfect.
Porcelain Veneers Vs. Dental Crowns
Porcelain veneers and dental crowns are very similar and address many of the same issues. But there are significant differences, making one more viable than the other for many patients. For instance, veneers are incredibly thin and only cover the front and sides of a tooth. If you have damage to the top of your teeth and the front and side, consider a dental crown in addition to the veneer. But the primary difference has to do with how they function. If you have a stained or chipped tooth, a veneer is perfect because it is a cosmetic fix. However, veneers do not provide stability or fix more significant structural issues. For that reason, they are more likely to work for patients with outstanding oral health. Crowns, on the other hand, double as cosmetic and functional solutions. They will hide blemishes while providing a more solid base for chewing.
What Does The Porcelain Veneer Procedure Involve?
First, your dentist will take a mold of your teeth. It will usually take a week or two after the mold is made for your veneers to arrive from the lab. Once your veneers have arrived in our office, we will contact you to schedule an appointment for your porcelain veneer procedure. After evaluating your veneers’ fit, coloration, and shape, your teeth will be thoroughly cleaned and prepared for placement. Cleaning the teeth helps protect against bacteria becoming trapped under the veneers and leading to decay. Next, your dentist will use a grinding tool to help create a rough texture on each tooth set to have a veneer applied. This rough texture makes it easier for the veneer to stick to the tooth. Dental cement is then used to bond the veneers to your teeth. Ultraviolet light is used to harden the dental cement quickly. Typically, the porcelain veneer procedure will only last up to two hours.
Do Porcelain Veneers Stain?
Oftentimes, patients won’t have to worry about their porcelain veneers staining. Though veneers can become susceptible to staining over time, especially if they are made from composites, it’s not something that happens often. Made from stain-resistant materials, porcelain veneers do not become discolored or stained easily. Proper care will help ensure that your porcelain veneers remain white and beautiful for the years to come.
How Strong Are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are extremely strong, and once bonded to your teeth, the material they are constructed from becomes just as strong. Dental veneers like these are incredibly durable. It would take a powerful force to crack your porcelain veneers. However, because they are not indestructible and can become damaged despite being very resilient, we suggest avoiding chewing ice, hard nuts, popcorn, and any substance that could cause your porcelain veneers to crack.
What Are The Benefits of Porcelain Veneers?
Not only do customized dental veneers offer patients a wide range of benefits, but so do porcelain-specific veneers. They also offer benefits that composite-made veneers don’t. The benefits of porcelain veneers include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Durability – Porcelain veneers have the potential to last between 10 and 15 years, whereas composite veneers typically only last between four and eight years. Once bonded to healthy teeth, porcelain veneers are immensely durable. Composite veneers are more prone to chip.
- Aesthetics – Porcelain veneers have translucent properties, allowing them to catch the light like natural teeth do. Additionally, because these veneers are resistant to stains, you won’t have to worry about whitening your teeth anymore.
What Are The Benefits Of Custom Veneers?
There are more than a few benefits to dental veneers. With proper brushing and flossing, your custom veneers will last a lifetime. They will improve the self-confidence of patients who sometimes hesitate to smile or laugh in mixed company. The benefits of custom veneers include the following:
- A Simple Solution: They do not take much time to adhere to your teeth, they can resolve chipped, missing, and misshapen teeth, and they can correct gaps between teeth and stains. They are painless and have an immediate impact. They are especially beneficial to those addressing gaps in their teeth.
- A Natural Appearance: We can custom-create your veneers to match the color of your other teeth. Porcelain is a material that looks much like the enamel of natural teeth, so those who see you when you smile won’t notice that you had cosmetic dental work done.
- A Minimally-Invasive Procedure: To install them, we remove one-half a millimeter of the tooth’s front surface—much less than if we were installing a crown. Then, we use a special cement to adhere the veneer to the tooth—and that’s it!
- A Permanent Solution: Veneers are permanent and resist decay and staining better than natural teeth. Not only are they a simple and direct fix to an array of cosmetic issues, but they also represent a long-term investment in your future.
- Minimal Maintaining: You don’t have to perform any particular tasks to maintain veneers. There are no unique solutions or toothbrushes. All you have to do is maintain your regular brushing and flossing habits.
- The Procedure Doubles As Teeth Whitening: Because we can use veneers to care for stained teeth, veneers double as a teeth whitening procedure. Many patients return time and again for teeth whitening, but you won’t have to return since veneers are permanent.
Contact S&C Dental For Veneers Today
If you have been considering changing your teeth, then veneers might be the most straightforward and least-invasive solution possible. We are confident you will enjoy and appreciate the benefits of investing in veneers. Dental veneers are a time-tested, natural-looking solution to cover up even the most complex imperfections. Restoring your smile and confidence has never been easier. At S&C Dental, we work hard to ensure our patients are comfortable before, during, and after their procedures. Our experience allows us to place veneers quickly and painlessly. To learn more about veneers teeth pros and cons or to schedule an appointment with our professional team, contact us today.