Visit S&C Dental for Premier Dentures
If you’re a Scottsdale, AZ resident considering investing in dentures, S&C Dental has the solutions to transform your smile completely. Missing teeth can wreak havoc on your oral and overall health. Our denture solutions provide patients with missing teeth with a natural-looking and convenient way to safeguard their health and confidence. Our team understands that the need for dentures can be overwhelming, and most patients prefer to be well-informed before investing. That’s why we strive to be our patients’ premier resource when they have questions or concerns about our dental services. We’re here to answer all your questions and support you in finding dentures that best suit your needs and budget. We look forward to helping you through this beneficial process.
What Are Dentures?
Dentures are prosthetic devices containing artificial teeth and gums. There are two different types of dentures: full and partial. Both options can be used to replace all teeth on the top or bottom of the mouth and can also be used when only a few teeth are missing. The faux teeth and gums of dentures are made with hard resin and must be replaced every five years.
What Are The Advantages of Dentures?
Various types of dentures can provide wearers with various advantages and benefits. Designed to function as one’s natural teeth, dentures are comfortable and can help restore one’s confidence while talking and chewing. The advantages of dentures include the following:
- Restoration of your smile
- Removable tooth replacement option
- Cost-effective tooth replacement option
- Easy to properly clean and care for
- Permit you to eat whatever you want
- Reduced sagging facial muscles
- Decreased rate of bone disintegration
- Evenly distributed chewing forces
- Maintain the way you pronounce words
- Maintain a natural-looking, beautiful smile
How to Prepare For Getting Dentures
If you’re a first-time dentures patient, finding the right dentist is essential. Before ever undergoing your dentures procedure, your dentist will perform an oral health examination to check on the health of your teeth and gums. From there, make sure you’re informed of what your choices are. Your dentist should be highly experienced and knowledgeable regarding dentures, their different types, and their cost. Before determining which type of dentures are best suited for your unique needs, it’s essential to consider cost, as there are different costs associated with getting new dentures.
The Stages of Getting Dentures
There are various stages to getting dentures, which combine to create the denture process. Below, we’ve given a detailed look at the different stages of the denture process. They are as follows:
- Preliminary Impressions – During your first denture consultation, which will take about 30 minutes, your mouth will be examined, and molds will be taken. These preliminary impressions will be used so a special impression tray can be made to custom-fit your mouth. Possible denture materials and your budget will also likely be discussed.
- Secondary Impressions – During your second dentures consultation, which will take between 30 and 40 minutes, secondary impressions with special trays and bite registration will occur. From these impressions and the wax bite, wax trial dentures will be made to replicate the completed dentures. You can choose the color and quality of teeth you want.
- Try-In Dentures – Your third dentures consultation will take about 20 minutes. The trail dentures are placed in your mouth, and their color, fit, and appearance are all assessed. Then, a mold of the final dentures is crafted. Any questions and concerns should be addressed now.
- Collecting Your New Teeth – This is the appointment where you will collect your dentures. It’s normal for your mouth to feel strange at first, but this should resolve over the next few weeks.
What is the Difference Between Partial & Full Dentures?
There are a few key differences between partial and full dentures. Partial dentures are used as a replacement option when multiple teeth are missing, and the surrounding natural teeth cannot support a bridge. Full or complete dentures replace all of a patient’s teeth. They fit the entire top or bottom gum line arch and use suction or adhesive to stay in place. Both options can be removed for convenience when sleeping or cleaning.
What Types of Dentures Do S&C Dental Offer?
We offer removable and implant dentures at our Scottsdale, AZ dental office. We will work with you every step of the way to determine which denture option is best for your unique needs. Removable dentures sit on your gum line and can be taken out whenever necessary. Implant dentures attach to metal posts we implant in your jawbone, creating a more secure fit.
Contact Us Today to Schedule an Appointment
When you Google “best dentures near me” or “denture clinics near me,” you may come across several viable options—but we hope you’ll choose S&C Dental. We understand that getting dentures can feel like a big step. Please don’t wait to tend to your dental needs. Our team is happy to answer any questions you may have and give you further insight into what types of dentures would be best for you. If you’re ready to learn more about dentures and our other cosmetic dental services, we can help. We’re dedicated to helping our valued patients better understand cosmetic dentistry and what it can do for them. To learn more or to schedule an appointment, contact us today.